Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

I Believe, part 1


These five postings over the next five days will share my personal theology. I don’t require that you agree with me, but I write it to help you know where I’m coming from when I write. I hope you’ll read it and, if you like, write back and share your own faith journey with me and our readers in the comment section.

I believe in the adequacy of Scripture. No other creed is needed and none desired except as it challenges us to rethink our conclusions and re‑examine our positions in the laboratory of life through the microscope of the Word. I believe the Bible is the Word of God given through human writers inspired by the Holy Spirit of God for the instruction of humanity in becoming more like God as revealed in Christ Jesus. If the Bible is given its proper place of authority in the lives of individual Christians and in the Church, it will bring reformation and renewal in every generation.

I believe in the Oneness of God. God is Father of all mankind by virtue of creation and, through spiritual adoption, he is the Father of all those who accept his free gift of redemption. He is our elder brother in Christ Jesus, who, while being the Son of God, became a man and gave himself unselfishly on the cross that he might save us from our sin. God is our ever present friend and strength through his Holy Spirit who leads us from redemption to restoration into the image of God as revealed in Christ Jesus. I believe in God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, singular in essence, plural in persons. Not three gods, but One.

I'm Rick Blumenberg . . . and that's My View from Tanner Creek.
 

No comments: