Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

I Believe! part 2

 
I believe in the authenticity of the Church. There is only one true Church, founded by Jesus Christ and kept by his Spirit. All the redeemed are members and though often hindered by artificial walls of creedalism and denominationalism, whatever name it uses, it is still God’s church. The foundation upon which the church is built is the fact that Jesus is "the Christ, the Son of the Living God."

I believe in the Vitality of Mission. Mission is the church in action. Whether one saint alone, or many in unity, the church exists to do the work of God in and for a world that doesn’t know him. The church is not an institution. It is God in the flesh. What wind is to the atmosphere, mission is to the church.

I believe in the Reality of the Kingdom. I see the Kingdom of God as a present reality with Christ as our leader. I see Satan as an enemy who is bound and thus powerless to harm the Spirit‑filled Christian. Satan’s powers are primarily the powers of deception and those which are given him by individual persons. I believe Christ is coming again to bring Satan’s final defeat and to receive those prepared for his coming. At his coming the saints will rise to meet him and go with him to the place which he has prepared.

I'm Rick Blumenberg . . . and that's My View from Tanner Creek.
  

No comments: